Mark Adams focuses his practice on business transactions, mergers and acquisitions, and commercial real estate. His experience includes:
- Business formations and governance
- Commercial contracts
- 1031 transactions
- Acquisitions and dispositions of businesses
- Real estate transactions
Prior to joining Horenstein Law Group, Mark worked as an attorney for Beutler Exchange Group, LLC, where he advised clients on all aspects of 1031 exchanges. He has consulted on over 1,000 tax deferred exchanges. Mark also owned his own law firm for 3 years and primarily focused on business formations and commercial transactions. With his diverse professional background, including positions in Fortune 500 tax departments, public accounting and as a small business owner, Mark understands many different issues his clients encounter and enjoys working with them to achieve successful outcomes.
Mark endeavors to understand each client’s situation by asking questions intended to ascertain the facts necessary to thoroughly analyze the matter. Every client is important, and Mark demonstrates his commitment to this principle by superb communication and responsiveness.
Mark loves spending time with his family engaged in outdoor activities such as hiking, golf, and skiing. He also enjoys training for and participating in triathlons.
Business Formations and Planning
- Assist and advise clients on entity choice
- Draft organizational documents with full consideration for the life cycle of the company
- Represented business owner with the sale of his company.
- Represented members of LLCs in buyout of other members.
- Negotiated commercial service contract for company with multiple restaurants.
- Counseled business through the asset sale as part of a restructuring.
- Advised client on complex partnership issue with regards to the completion of $40 million reverse-improvement 1031 exchange.
- Represent clients in negotiation and drafting of purchase/ sale agreements.
- Negotiate lease terms for a commercial client with multiple locations.
- The Florida State University College of Law, J.D. (1998)
- University of Oregon, B.A (1995)
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- Oregon State Bar Association: Member of the Business Law Section, Real Estate & Land Use Section, and Tax Section
- Multnomah County Bar Association
- Federation of Exchange Accommodators (the 1031 industry trade association), Board of Directors appointee and Government Affairs Committee representative
Mark also values civic service and spends time (or has in the recent past) with the following organizations:
- City of West Linn, Citizen Budget Committee, Chairman
- Legal Aid Services of Oregon
- Portland Homeless Family Solutions