Vancouver, Washington based commercial real estate attorney Jean Shaw has extensive experience addressing and resolving legal issues regarding all aspects of real estate. Her work encompasses real estate development, financings, acquisitions, due diligence, asset management, facilities management, and construction, as well as commercial property leasing, financing, and general company contracts. She has represented national companies in commercial real estate purchase and leasing transactions and has directly handled the negotiation and closing of hundreds of complex real estate development transactions nationwide. She has also represented lenders in documenting and closing multi-million dollar commercial property development financing transactions. She has organized and overseen real estate-related due diligence for successful multi-million dollar corporate financings with hundreds of collateral properties.
With a nationwide practice focused on Washington and Oregon, Jean offers her clients guidance on practical, business-oriented solutions, including:
- Negotiating and drafting real estate development, acquisition, and disposition transaction documents
- Managing and conducting real estate related due diligence for:
- stock and asset acquisitions
- commercial development projects from inception through construction
- Negotiating and drafting commercial real estate lease transaction documents
- Negotiating and drafting commercial real estate financing documents
- Title review and analysis
- Survey review
- Commercial Owners Associations
- Environmental site assessment report review and analysis
- Advising businesses and individuals on real estate related issues
Jean Shaw knows our industry inside and out and is a trusted partner we turn to for all of our commercial real estate transactions because she provides solid legal advice, while finding practical solutions to get deals done efficiently.
– Inhouse real estate counsel for a national company
Having acquired extensive experience in commercial real estate development, financing, acquisitions, due diligence, dispositions, and leasing, Jean knows that real estate transactions can be complex and fast-paced. She works with her clients to reach prompt and reasonable solutions that fit their business needs.
In these complex real estate transactions, Jean brings the necessary team-player skills, partnering with businesses and their intracompany department leaders to analyze and address legal issues and offer guidance for practical solutions.
- Has lived in Vancouver, Washington, since 1979.
- Born and raised in Spokane, Washington.
- Enjoys traveling, walking, reading, and playing with her animals.
- Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court, District of Oregon
- Washington Bar Association
Active member of the Real Estate Law Section
- Member of the Board of Directors at the Humane Society for Southwest Washington ("HSSW") from 1991-2006 and from 2010 to present.
- Co-chair of HSSW Annual Auction and Dinner, 2012-2017.
- Chair of HSSW Planned Giving Committee, 2013-2017.