At HLG, we support our military veterans and want to make sure they are aware of two relief programs sponsored by nonprofit organizations – DAV and PenFed Foundation – for veterans and surviving spouses who have been affected by the wildfires in California and Oregon. The PenFed Foundation program has a September 30 deadline, so act fast! Details are provided below.
The Portland DAV National Service Office will send up to $1,000 per household for veterans/surviving spouses that have been impacted by the wildfires in Oregon. The drafts are up to $1,000 per household, regardless if it’s a multiple veteran household.
To receive a check PLEASE:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and state “WILDFIRE RELIEF” in the subject line.
- Provide the full name of the veteran/surviving spouse.
- The address that has been affected.
- An address they can receive money at.
- The veterans/surviving spouse phone number and/or email address.
- Proof of veteran status. Various things will work for this, the veteran DOES NOT need to be in receipt of any VA benefits. Examples: DDF 214, VA rating sheet, driver’s license with “veteran” annotation, etc.
- Explain whether the veteran/surviving spouse is requesting food and clothing only OR lodging reimbursement because they had to evacuate. Please include as much proof/verification to make this as easy as possible.
The PenFed Foundation is offering emergency assistance is available through September 30 for veterans affected by the wildfires in Oregon and California. Here is the link to the website with information.