How To Find A Good Attorney
Hiring an attorney is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. And — as with all of life’s big choices (there sure are a lot of them!) — it’s helpful to approach this challenge armed with as much information as possible.
And that’s why you’re here. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of 10 questions that should help you navigate toward clarity — and toward finding the right attorney for you.
Don’t get discouraged, especially if this is your first time. Most people aren’t sure how to find a good attorney when they first set out on this task. But if you remember to ask the right questions, it makes the process that much easier.
While you’re perusing our list of questions, though, please do consider the benefits of working with Horenstein Law Group: Among other things, we always provide a flat fee, a range of costs and budget forecasts. That way, you’ll always have an estimate of the cost for services up front.
10 Questions To Ask Before Hiring An Attorney
- What is your experience with the type of matter I need assistance with? (Remember: The best attorneys don’t know all the answers — but they will know how to find them.)
- What is your specialty? (Beware the general practitioner who doesn’t specialize.)
- Can I work with you electronically?
- What kind of fee structures do you have, other than billing by the hour?
- Who will be working with me — a partner or an associate?
- How accessible will you be?
- What’s the best way to contact you?
- How busy is your firm?
- How long will this matter take?
- How much will this cost?
We’re here to help! Don’t hesitate to get in touch, via: