- Lewis & Clark Law School (formerly Northwestern School of Law), J.D.
- University of Washington, B.A., Political Science
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Frequent speaker for continuing legal education and other seminars in the areas of real estate, land use, and business law
- Speaker before the Clark County Bar Association, the Washington State Bar Association, the Responsible Growth Forum, the Idaho Bar Association, the Washington Refuse and Recycling Association, Law Seminars International, the Washington State Regional Planning Course, Clark College, and Washington State University
- Article contributor for the Vancouver Business Journal and the Portland Business Journal
- Instructor for the graduate fellow program at Lewis & Clark Law School
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Steve is a Martindale-Hubbel® Client review Rated Lawyer of AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5.0*
*AV® Preeminent ™ and BV® Distinguished™ are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.